An Oregon-based business accelerator that’s designed to bolster the skills of female cannabis entrepreneurs, boost their opportunities and make their young marijuana firms “investment-ready” has kicked off.
The Initiative launched its first intensive three-month program last week, focused on providing advanced business skills and expert advice to nine early-stage cannabis companies founded or co-founded by women.
“The goal is to accelerate these businesses – help them get exposure and become national brands, and help grow their revenue while in the program,” said Amy Margolis, founder of Portland-based The Initiative.
The program will conclude with the entrepreneurs making pitches for further funding to potential investors.
The following is a list of the marijuana companies the first group of entrepreneurs represent, and who is being trained:
- Barbari: Meryl Montgomery and Valarie Cooley
- Hana Medicinals: Amy Risch
- Leif Goods: Carrie Solomon and Jody Ake
- Ma’at Botanicals: Delia Olsen and Luke Olsen
- Make and Mary: Yvonne Perez Emerson
- Stoned Free: Heidi Marks
- The Teapad: Raven Duckett
- Tokeativity: Samantha Montanaro and Lisa Snyder
- Verte Essentials: Blair Lauren Brown
Read the rest of this post over at Marijuana Business Daily’s website.