Eugene, Oregon Cannabis Job:102. 1st Time I Bought Legal Weed: Skye Pillsbury, Journalist and Podcaster

Tokeativity

Skye Pillsbury, Journalist and Podcaster.

1st+Time+I+Bought+Legal+Weed.jpg?format=

Did you know that 3 out of 4 women in the U.S. have access to legal cannabis? Yet buying weed can still be intimidating. In case you don’t have a friend you can bring with you to a dispensary, Skye Pillsbury, a journalist and podcaster, shares her story to help you feel more comfortable.

Transcript below.

LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | OVERCAST | POCKET CASTS | SPOTIFY | iHEART

LINKS

Skye Pillsbury

CREDITS

Host: Ellen Lee Scanlon
Producer: Nick Patri
Brand manager: Madi Fair

TRANSCRIPT FOR DO THE POT EPISODE 102

Ellen Lee Scanlon (00:00):

This podcast discusses cannabis and is intended for audiences 21 and over.

Ellen Lee Scanlon (00:07):

Welcome to How To Do The Pot, a podcast demystifying cannabis for women. I'm Ellen Scanlon. On these short episodes we share women's stories about the first time they bought legal weed. I hope they bring a little fun and a new perspective into your week.

Ellen Lee Scanlon (00:22):

On our last few episodes, you heard the terrific journalist Skye Pillsbury who kindly interviewed me as part of How To Do The Pot's 100th episode celebration Skye's work has appeared in a number of publications, including Hot Pod where she was a contributing writer, Vulture, Bello Collective, and Eater SF. She started her career in audio journalism as the lead writer for the Inside Podcasting Newsletter, where she created, produced and hosted an award nominated podcast of the same name.

Skye Pillsbury (00:56):

So I remember my first time buying legal weed because as it happened less than 48 hours ago. I am recording this on Monday and on Saturday my husband and I hopped in the car and drove to a place called the Apothecarium in San Francisco on Lombard Street. And I know everyone says this, but I really was blown away by how beautiful it was. It was so stylish. It felt very chic. There were charcoal walls and a gleaming white sort of countertop behind which were sort of the bud-tenders ready to help you. We went in someone by the door checked our IDs first, and then we went and basically had like a consulting session with this lovely woman.

Skye Pillsbury (01:50):

I said to her, "Are people surprised when they come in? It's so sort of sleek and chic." And she said, "Yeah, you know, I feel like the last time someone commented on it, they sort of described it as the hotel lobby of a chic boutique hotel." And I think that that summarizes it perfectly, it had chandeliers and it was just gorgeous. Anyway, the best part about it, of course, was that she was so helpful. I was there to find something to help both myself and my mom we are insomniacs and so we wanted to find something that would help us sleep. And she was really helpful and I have a beautiful tin, I'm actually holding it right now, it's turquoise and white and silver, of what she recommended. It's one milligram THC, two CBN, which I was not really familiar with that concept, and three CBD.

Skye Pillsbury (02:49):

And I took one on Saturday and I'm happy to report that I slept for 10 hours uninterrupted. And I turned to my husband in the morning and said, "I feel so peaceful." I think that was almost the most notable thing for me was just that I woke up feeling really relaxed and happy. And anyway, I'm going to bring this tin, or at least half of its contents for now, to my mom and hopefully she'll have the same experience and I'm pretty sure I'll be going back.

Ellen Lee Scanlon (03:25):

Thanks for listening to this episode of How To Do The Pot. If you'd like to share your story about the first time you bought legal weed, please send a voice memo to hi@dothepott.com or DM us at Do The Pot. For lots more information and past episodes visit dothepot.com. And that's also where you can sign up for How To Do The Pot's newsletter, which comes out every other Friday. And if you like How To Do The Pot, please rate and review us on Apple podcasts, it helps more people find the show. Thanks to Madi Fair, our brand manager and our producer, Nick Patri. I'm Ellen Scanlon, and we'll be back soon with more of How To Do The Pot.

View the live link