Eugene, Oregon Cannabis Job:93. The 1st Time I Bought Legal Weed: Lisa Curiel Parker, Senior Marketing and Comms Manager at Humboldt Farms.

Tokeativity

Lisa Curiel Parker, Senior Marketing and Comms Manager at Humboldt Farms.

1st Time I Bought Legal Weed.png

Did you know that over 80 million women in the U.S. have access to legal cannabis? Yet buying weed can still be intimidating. In case you don’t have a friend you can bring with you to a dispensary, Lisa Curiel Parker, Senior Marketing and Comms Manager at Humboldt Farms, shares her story to help you feel more confident.

Transcript below.

LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | OVERCAST | POCKET CASTS | SPOTIFY | iHEART

LINKS

Lisa Curiel Parker of Humboldt Farms

CREDITS

Host: Ellen Lee Scanlon
Producer: Nick Patri
Brand manager: Madi Fair

TRANSCRIPT FOR DO THE POT EPISODE 93

Ellen Lee Scanlon (00:00):

This podcast discusses cannabis and is intended for audiences 21 and over. Welcome to How to Do the Pot, a podcast de-mystifying cannabis for women. I'm Ellen Scanlon. On these short episodes, we share women's stories about the first time they bought legal weed. I hope they bring a little fun and a new perspective into your week. Lisa Curiel Parker is the senior marketing and communications manager at Humboldt Farms. She has also been struggling with painful migraines since she was a child. On episode 73 of How to Do the Pot, Lisa shares her personal story, and we talked to medical experts about the promising ways cannabis is treating migraine pain.

Lisa Curiel Parker (00:49):

The first time was with my dad. He is an attorney, but he suffers from horrible back pain. And so, got my medicinal card and as a chronic migraine sufferer, I thought, I'm going to use anything and everything I can to get rid of migraine. So the first time was with him at Rose Collective in Venice, California. I remember we got a couple plants which was exciting and threw them in the backyard, got some White Widow. It's been a father daughter bonding experience in the process.

Lisa Curiel Parker (01:23):

And I think there was a couple other plants that we had, and my dad's from upstate New York. So he has all these plants in the yard. And so we just kind of threw it in between two apple trees and it just flourished. It didn't get wet and it was outdoor. It was so great. We harvested it in the full moon and did that whole process together and cured it. And he made some really strong edibles after that. It knocked me off for a couple of days and it was wonderful just talking through that process and doing that with him. He has a natural green thumb at heart as well.

Ellen Lee Scanlon (02:01):

Thanks for listening to this episode of How to Do the Pot. If you'd like to share your story about the first time you bought legal weed, please send a voice memo to high@dothepot.com, or DM us at dothepot. For lots more information and past episodes, visit dothepot.com. And that's also where you can sign up for How to Do the Pot's newsletter, which comes out every other Friday. And if you like How to Do the Pot, please rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. It helps more people find the show. Thanks to Madi Fair, our brand manager and our producer, Nick Patri. I'm Ellen Scanlon, and we'll be back soon with more of How to Do the Pot.

View the live link