Eugene, Oregon Cannabis Job:74. 1st Time I Bought Legal Weed: Sandra Guynes of The Kush Nurse

Tokeativity

Sandra Guynes of The Kush Nurse

1st Time I Bought Legal Weed.png

Over 80 million women in the U.S. have access to legal cannabis, and we share women’s stories about the first time they bought legal weed.

Today’s episode features Sandra Guynes of The Kush Nurse.

Transcript below.

LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | OVERCAST | POCKET CASTS | SPOTIFY | iHEART

LINKS

Sandra Guynes of The Kush Nurse

CREDITS

Host: Ellen Lee Scanlon
Producer: Nick Patri
Brand manager: Madi Fair

TRANSCRIPT FOR DO THE POT EPISODE 74

Ellen Lee Scanlon (00:00):

This podcast, discusses cannabis and is intended for audiences 21 and over.

Ellen Lee Scanlon (00:07):

Welcome back to How To Do The Pot, a podcast de-mystifying cannabis for women. I'm Ellen Scanlon. On these short episodes we share women's stories about the first time they bought legal weed. I hope they bring a little fun and a new perspective into your week.

Ellen Lee Scanlon (00:24):

Today's story is from Sandra Guynes. She is a California based nurse, also known as the Kush Nurse. You may recognize her voice from several episodes of How To Do The Pot, including episode 67, where she gives tips about drug interactions and how to talk to your doctor about medical cannabis.

Sandra Guynes (00:42):

My first experience buying legal weed was in the state of California. Coming from North Carolina to California I had no idea the scale of the cannabis industry. And honestly, my first purchase into legal weed was really an exploration for myself to see if it could help me with postpartum depression. And I was terrified to go to a dispensary. So I found that you could order delivery, what a concept.

Sandra Guynes (01:12):

So I ordered some pre-rolls because I did not know how to roll a joint or anything. And I told them what my conditions and symptoms were and they sent me a variety of pre-rolls for me to try at home. I did have to get a medical card for this particular service for them to deliver. But once they delivered, I mean, I paid with a credit card, it was very much like getting Pizza Hut. There was nothing really crazy about it, except that I felt anxious, scared, embarrassed. I don't know. All these feelings that someone would know that there was like cannabis being delivered to my door. They called me and they were like, we're outside is it okay to come to the door? And I'm like, I don't know, is it okay? I don't know. It felt like something I wasn't supposed to be doing but I knew it was legal and I knew it was okay. And I signed and they gave me my little bag of rolled joints and I was off on my way to experiment and see what will work for me.

Sandra Guynes (02:13):

In the beginning, like I said, I didn't know anything. So there were several effects that I enjoyed of these joints, but they weren't the medicine. So I enjoyed that I was able to become aroused all of a sudden, something I hadn't been really experiencing in the past. So that was exciting for me. I found more joy and more motivation every day, but I felt like this might be too much for me, I don't think I had the right balance. And it took me down a path of learning more. But those first strains showed me that every one of these strains, every one of these cultivars does something a little bit different and there's something to be explored here.

Ellen Lee Scanlon (02:56):

Thanks for listening to this episode of How To Do The Pot. If you'd like to share your story about the first time you bought legal weed, please send us a voice memo to hi@dothepot.com or DM us @dothepot.com. Please also follow along on all our socials and visit dothepot.com for lots more information about women and cannabis.

Ellen Lee Scanlon (03:17):

Thanks to Madi Fair, our brand manager and our producer Nick Patri. I'm Ellen Scanlon, and we'll be back soon with more of How To Do The Pot.

View the live link