Eugene, Oregon Cannabis Job:Ep. 37: DURBAN POISON, The Espresso of Cannabis

Tokeativity

The strain for energy.

durbanpoison_square.png

Durban Poison is an intoxicating strain known for its energetic, uplifting effects. You’ll quickly feel a flurry of mental activity and an extrovert’s version of being high - social, talkative and ready for fun.

Saturday Strains is bringing the special back to Saturdays by demystifying the 12 essential cannabis strains that every woman should have in her stash.

Transcript below.

LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | OVERCAST | POCKET CASTS | SPOTIFY | iHEART

LINKS

CREDITS

Host & co-creator: April Pride
Co-creator: Ellen Lee Scanlon
Producer: Nick Patri
Marketing manager: Madi Fair
Special thanks: Lo Friesen of Heylo Cannabis; Jeffrey Raber, PhD and Colin Montgomerie of the Werc Shop, Nick Jikomes, PhD, of Leafly

TRANSCRIPT of do the pot episode 37

April Pride: This podcast discusses cannabis, and is intended for audiences 21 and over.

April Pride: How do you feel after Red Bull? Uh-huh (affirmative), if you're looking for that kind of night, let us introduce you to the espresso of cannabis.

April Pride: Welcome to Saturday Strains. I'm your host, April Pride, and I'll be your high guide each Saturday as we move through the 12 essential cannabis strains that every woman should have in her stash. If you haven't already, please listen to the three short Strains Explained episodes to learn more about how cannabis is a lot like another substance we can count on to change our outlook, wine.

April Pride: In each episode, you can expect more weed hacks. And remember, we'll guide you from less intoxicating strains that are nearly all CBD to strains with increasingly higher THC levels.

April Pride: Durban Poison is a land raised sativa strain native to South Africa. You may recall from our first episode in the Strains Explained series, episode 23, that we can think of land raised strains as the building blocks of cannabis grown all over the world. Durban Poison wasn't created in a lab. Rather, the ancestor of this strain once grew freely and the wind swept plains of present day South Africa, where the city of Durban sits on the Northeast coast.

April Pride: The original genetics of all land raised strains have been modified through crossbreeding, and Durban Poison is no different. It's genetics have been radically altered over the years, making it very hard to find a true heirloom variety. Still, tired but determined women love Durban Poison, and here are five reasons why. Number one, what does it help with? Motivation, stress, acute depression, creativity. Number two, how high will I get? This strain's head high comes quickly, producing an uplifted euphoric feeling that is strong. You will most definitely feel like an extrovert's version of very high, social, talkative and ready for fun.

April Pride: Number three, how will it make me feel? Durban poison is pure sativa. Known for energetic uplifting effects, the effects of Durban Poison are pretty immediate and include buzzing energy and a flurry of mental activity. Durban poison is a good choice if you're prone to anxiety. And if you want something less potent, we recommend it's strain cousin XJ13, or as we call it the Giggly Pot, which we covered in an earlier Saturday Strains episode.

April Pride: Number four, why do women love it? Before the social restrictions of COVID, I would have recommended Durban Poison for that Friday night when you're committed to go out, but are without the energy or the mood to add to the good times. We all have a cheat. So choose coffee on Friday morning and Durban Poison for Friday night to smile from sunrise to well after sunset.

April Pride: Another reason women love it, and this may controversial to float. Please know that I'm not a medical expert. And we here at How to do the Pot are not dispensing medical advice. And lieu of research, we have anecdotal stories, many of which speak to Durban Poison as a way to transition from prescription meds like antidepressants. If you're considering, always consult with a doctor like the team at American Cannabinoid Clinics.

April Pride: Why do we think it's important to share this information? Because not a small number of women, 50% of women in fact, turn to cannabis to reduce or replace their prescription meds, or reduce their overall intake. For more information on how cannabis can replace your pills, check out Episode Four, the pharma episode.

April Pride: Number five, what will it inspire? Recommended for daytime and nighttime party time, either way Durban Poison is your strain. During the day, Durban Poison is the strain for getting your house cleaned with a smile on your face, and assurance that every corner has been dusted and every drawer organized within an inch of its life. Whether embarking on strenuous outdoor exercise, following through on a creative project, or preparing for a party, just add Durban Poison.

April Pride: And some parting words, please reserve judgment if a strain we recommend doesn't work for you. You haven't failed and neither have we. In fact, having gotten it wrong. You're one step closer to your right high. You didn't quit drinking when a Long Island Iced Tea as your first bar drink turned out to be a wrong move, right?

April Pride: Send us a DM to @dothepot, or to me directly @AprilPride. And let us know how this strain worked for you.

April Pride: Thank you for listening to Saturday Strains from The High Guide, every woman's cannabis handbook. Check us out online at dothepot.com. Special thanks to Lo Freezin, Founder, CEO, and Chief Extraction Officer of Seattle's beloved cannabis brand Halo for vetting our strain selects. We'd also like to thank Jeffrey Raber, PhD and Colin Montgomerie of the Wercshop, as well as Nick Jikomes, PhD of Leafly for schooling us on strains.

April Pride: Thanks to my co-founder Ellen Scanlon, Madi Fair, our marketing manager and our producer, Nick Patri. I'm April pride, and we'll be back soon with more of How to Do the Pot.

View the live link