Miss Grass: Ask Miss Grass: Which Weed Is Best For Sex?

Tokeativity

Dear Miss Grass,

I really enjoy smoking weed before I have sex. A couple hits of a joint, and I swear, it makes my whole body more tingly. But I’m wondering: do certain strains work better for getting down than others? What about masturbating? I want to experiment but not sure where to even start! 

xx,

Sexplorer

San Francisco, CA

Dear Sexplorer,

So glad you asked. This is actually a super popular question, and just so happens to be one of our favorite topics at Miss Grass. Because you’re 100% right: Cannabis and sex go super well together—and have been a beloved combo for a real long time. Dr. Jordan Tishler, Harvard’s cannabis expert agrees: “There’s no question that cannabis can be an effective stimulant for the libido in all genders. In addition to centuries of experience using it as such, we have a number of studies that confirm this.” It’s definitely a thing.

Like you said, weed works so well for sex because it definitely can make your body “super tingly.” I don’t know about you, but when I’m high, everything feels more heightened, from the sound of music to the taste of food to—yes—the way it feels to be touched. But weed’s also great for sex because it can help relax muscles, ease pain, and get out of your head and into the present moment. And, not that I’m trying to give actual sex advice here, but being super present in bed is super sexy. Even if you’re just in bed with yourself. 

cheeky-ivory-450x448.gifFleur du Mal Botanical Print Cheeky, $55

Of course, being too high is probably something you want to avoid when mixing weed and sex. Not just because it can make consent tricky, but also because experiencing “couch lock”— when you’re so sedated from whatever you just smoked that you kinda just have to lay there, zombie-like ‘til the high passes—is something you probably want to avoid. After all, a partner “who just lays there” isn’t much fun. No judgement, of course, if that is your thing. To each their own!

But since you didn’t specify that zombie sex is what you’re after, I’m going to assume that it isn’t. So, I’d definitely recommend avoiding any kind of weed known for its sleep-inducing effect. That means anything with the cannabinoid CBN or a high percentage of the terpenes myrcene and linalool, both of which are known to be more sedative. 

While indicas by definition have a high percentage of myrcene (over .5%), I’m not recommending you avoid indica altogether. That’s because not only is everyone’s body chemistry uniquely different, but classifying cannabis into strains like indica, sativa, and hybrid isn’t really all that accurate—especially when it comes to achieving certain effects. Instead, looking at terpenes and other cannabinoids is way more effective.

But before I get into terpenes, here’s what I—and most other experts—recommend doing first: Look for a strain that gives you a balanced high—something with a 1:1 CBD to THC ratio. It’ll relax you, give you a nice body buzz, and get you out of your head. And, best of all, it likely won’t induce anxiety or get you over overly high. 

miss grass sex kitMiss Grass Sex Kit, $105

When you’ve narrowed it down to a few potential strains, next look at the terpene profile. Terpenes are the aromatic compounds found in plants and often have therapeutic properties. They’re a big deal when it comes to the way cannabis strains smell and taste, and the effects they might offer. For example, the terpene limonene is known for its euphoric, relaxing effect (and citrus-y flavor) while pinene gives you a more focused, alert high (and tastes like, you guessed it, pine). Caryophyllene and humalene can be helpful for reducing pain, which can be great if you experience pelvic discomfort during sex.

Based on this knowledge, think about what kind of sex you want to have—energetic and focused? Slow and sensual?—and choose a strain with terpene profiles that suit. Then, experiment, experiment, experiment. Trying is the only way to know for sure how a substance affects you personally; what’s good for one person isn’t always good for another. (But for a place to start, consult the handy list below.)

If you’re nervous about the results a new-to-you strain might have, first try it solo; it’ll give you a chance to experiment without the added pressure of pleasing someone else. And anyway, masturbating with weed is pretty amazing. I’d recommend experimenting with a weed lube or suppositories (either THC- or CBD-infused) while you’re at it, as well. They put the cannabis right where you want it—and have a ton of other, feel-good effects. 

Happy sex-ploring, Sexplorer! Personally, I can’t think of a more exciting journey to embark on. Sex—solo or partnered—is essential businesss, after all. So, you may as well get the most mind-blowing, toe-curling time possible out of it.

Love + bud,

Miss Grass

The Best Weed for Sex and Masturbating: Strains

For Masturbating: Girl Scout Cookies 

For Slow, Sensual Sex: Bubblegum Kush or Grandaddy Purple

For Passionate Sex: Sour Diesel

For Focused, Present Sex: Harlequin

For Unihibted Sex: Jillybean or Tangie

The post Ask Miss Grass: Which Weed Is Best For Sex? appeared first on Miss Grass.

View the live link on MissGrass.com