Sign in to follow this  
Tokeativity

Marijuana Moment: Colorado Governor Signs Marijuana Social Equity Bill Letting Him Expedite Possession Pardons

Tokeativity

The governor of Colorado signed a bill on Monday that will promote social equity in the state’s marijuana market and also give him power to unilaterally issue pardons for prior cannabis convictions.

Gov. Jared Polis (D) approved the legislation during a signing ceremony at a minority-owned dispensary in Denver.

The bill will create a statewide definition for which businesses qualify as cannabis social equity license applicants. Those applicants will be able to benefit from an accelerator program that was already in the works, enabling them to use existing cannabis facilities to build their business.

The legislation, sponsored by Rep. James Coleman (D), will establish two additional categories for eligibility, with a focus on restorative justice for communities harmed by enforcement of the war on drugs.

The proposal stipulates that a person will be eligible under the social equity program if they meet at least one of three criteria: 1) they lived in a designated economically distressed community for a minimum of 15 years between 1980 and 2010, 2) the applicant or a member of their immediate family has been arrested or convicted for a marijuana offense or 3) their income is at or below an amount to be determined later in rulemaking.

Advocates say this definition would help resolve some of the confusion that individual jurisdictions like Denver have faced when enacting their own equity programs.

“My office in the Marijuana Enforcement Division is making equity a priority in engaging stakeholders around this topic because, for too long, the consequences of not having equity across too many areas of society—cannabis being one—are simply too severe,” Polis said.

“Social equity is about righting the wrongs of the drug war and giving diversity a strong foot hold in the developing industry. We all know the drug war unfairly targeted people and communities of color,” Wanda James, owner of the Simply Pure dispensary that hosted the signing, said in a press release. “Too many people who look like me were not given a fair opportunity to participate due to the prohibitive policies that target people of color many states, including Colorado, embraced early.”

The bill was amended in the Senate to include the pardon provision. It lets the governor use his clemency power for marijuana offenses without consulting with prosecutors and judges involved in the cases, as is typically required under statute.

“This bill will give me the ability to offer those convicted of possession of up to two ounces of marijuana—it’s the same amount permitted to medical patients in Colorado today—a pardon that will begin in 90 days pursuant to the signature clause,” the governor said.

People with “prior convictions for personal amounts of cannabis fully legal today, they’re prevented from getting loans, from getting leases and from raising capital, for getting licenses, for getting jobs and for getting mortgages. That’s wrong,” he continued. “We hope that this measure will be a first step towards new opportunities for thousands of Coloradans who should not be living with a cloud over their head simply because they were a little bit ahead of their time.”

“All hardworking Coloradans deserve a fair shot at sharing in the prosperity of the booming marijuana industry,” Coleman, the legislation’s sponsor, said. “This bill will help overcome decades of inequity in an industry where black people have been criminalized and others have been able to make profits. We should not be defined by our past alone, and this bill provides Coloradans who want to make an honest living in the marijuana industry with the opportunity to do so. Creating equal economic opportunity for all makes us stronger. ”

The legislation would also amend a policy prohibiting those with felony convictions in the past three years from obtaining a marijuana business license. Those applying as social equity applicants would not be subject to that prohibition.

Colorado isn’t alone in pursuing opportunities to enact marijuana-focused restorative justice policies.

Earlier this month, more than 15,000 people who were convicted for low-level marijuana possession in Nevada were automatically pardoned under a resolution from the governor.

The governors of Washington State and Illinois have both issued pardons for cannabis offenses since their states legalized the plant.

Meanwhile, other top state officials have recently made arguments that marijuana reform is a necessary civil rights issue that’s particularly important to pursue as a means of addressing racial inequities.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) said earlier this month that legalization was “about addressing the ills of this war on drugs.”

The governor of Virginia recently said that the passage of marijuana decriminalization legislation this year represents an example of how his state has addressed racial inequities that are inspiring mass protests over recent police killings of black Americans.

Bipartisan Senators File Marijuana And CBD Research Amendment To Defense Spending Bill

Photo courtesy of Philip Steffan.

The post Colorado Governor Signs Marijuana Social Equity Bill Letting Him Expedite Possession Pardons appeared first on Marijuana Moment.

View the live link on MarijuanaMoment.net

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Featured Posts

• Valarie Sakota
      North Portland “Industrial Row” Artist Studio / Maker Space for Rent   3000 sq/ft finished warehouse co-working space with 160 sq/ft private studio space for rent. Tons of natural light. Spacious and perfect for social distancing independent work. Has garage door for large shipments and dedicated free parking. Two private studio spaces available for rent. Checkout more about the space: www.tillamookstation.com Rental includes 24/7 access*, shared kitchen, shared conference room, shared storage space, shower, designated retail zone, utilities, and option to use larger space for events.    This is an inclusive space–BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ are encouraged to inquire. Looking for studio mates that are respectful, communal, and friendly.    $1000/month  Available July 1. Lease terms negotiable.  Touring the space this week - Please contact valarie@barbarishop.com with inquiries!   *24/7 access must accommodate occasional private events in the space, which will be noted on a shared calendar.    This space is also available for private event rentals with sliding scale rates for BIPOC, pending COVID-19 phased opening schedule.  Inquire with email above.   
  • Upcoming Events

• chiefelives
      @!!(C .Y. L) in Uganda+27670236199,HOW TO JOIN ILLUMINATI SOCIETY NOW, FOR MONEY,FAME AND POWER in Uganda ,join Illuminati in Uganda+27670236199,Join Illuminati in Brunei, Norway, Libya, Join Illuminati in Kuwait, San Marino, Trinidad and Tobago +27670236199, join Illuminati in Seychelles, Vincent and the Grenadines, Netherlands, Illuminati in Iceland, Durban, Illuminati in Dubai, Illuminati in Mauritius, join Illuminati Lesotho, Illuminati Members in Lesotho , Illuminati in UAE, Dubai, Antigua and Barbuda +27670236199 Join Illuminati in South Sudan,Gabon, Chad, Join Illuminati in Liberia, Guinea, Illuminati in Libya, Andorra, Join Illuminati in Sprain, France,Paris, Join Illuminati in Kosovo, Illuminati in Germany +27670236199 Illuminati in Oman+27670236199  Illuminati in , Illuminati in Botswana, Illuminati in Sandton, Illuminati in Tembisa, Germiston, Join Illuminati in Sweden, Finland, Join Illuminati in Norway,Poland, Illuminati in Centurion , Illuminati in Denmark+27670236199 in Sydney, Join Illuminati in Comoros, Moroni, Join Illuminati in Netherlands,Amsterdam, Join Illuminati in Switzerland,Cape Verde, Join Illuminati in Germany, Berlin, Join Illuminati in Niger, Mali,Join Illuminati in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Join Illuminati in Ukraine,Belarus, Join Illuminati in Syria, Join Illuminati in Kuwait, Baku, Osaka, Tokyo, Illuminati members in Johannesburg , Illuminati churches in Johannesburg, how to join Illuminati for money in south Africa, Illuminati celebrities in south Africa, join Illuminati in Johannesburg,Join Illuminati in Mongolia, Nepal, Illuminati churches in Johannesburg, Illuminati symbolism in south Africa,benefits of joining Illuminati in south Africa, requirements to join the Illuminati, Illuminati in sa music industry, Illuminati in sandton, Illuminati office in Johannesburg+27670236199 ,Illuminati in sa music industry, Illuminati temple in Sandton, Illuminati in Tembisa, requirements to join the Illuminati, Illuminati church in Musgrave Durban, Illuminati jobs in Durban, Illuminati WhatsApp number , how to join Illuminati for money in south Africa, Illuminati temple in +27670236199  how to join Illuminati in Soweto, Illuminati in Midland, Illuminati office in Johannesburg +27670236199, Illuminati clubs, Illuminati churches in Johannesburg, list of secret societies in south Africa+27670236199 ,join Illuminati in Midland,African secret society Hugh masekela, Illuminati temple in cape town, Illuminati in Centurion, Illuminati in Vanderbilt park, Illuminati church in cape town, i want to join illuminati in cape town, illuminati in south africa churches, join illuminati society in cape town, illuminati signs in cape town, south African Illuminati rappers, Illuminati in Belleville, Illuminati in Singapore, Illuminati in Saudi Arabia, Illuminati in Qatar, Doha how to join the Illuminati +27670236199, how to join Illuminati online, how to join the Illuminati for money, how to join the Illuminati and become rich, benefits of joining the Illuminati, I want to join Illuminati what can I do, how to join the Illuminati for fame, what is bad about Illuminati+27670236199 , I want to join Illuminati and become rich,I want to join the Illuminati where I sign up+27670236199 , Illuminati sign up form, how to join the Illuminati for money+27670236199 ,I want to join Illuminati right now+27670236199 , I want to join Illuminati and be rich forever, I want to join Illuminati what can I do, Illuminati sign up form, I want to join Illuminati and become rich, illuminating to join Welcome to How To Join Illuminati In South Africa +27670236199  Join Illuminati in South Africa Call Great Lucifer@+27670236199  and join. It is optional to join the most powerful society in the world Illuminati;  Do you want to change your future. Call the agent+27670236199 .You will be guided through the whole process and be able to join the occult. This secret society was found in 1776 and it was a secret  Legends of today they think it's a jock.  To join everyone can join but are you going to keep the secret? BRIEFLY this is a spiritual worship  THAT is why now people are saying it's for celebrities, top leaders and business lords because there are worshiping  Before they know about it more than 6-8 albums without becoming famous now days  It's one release. Other people they interpret it wrongly  That we sacrifices humanity which is wrong traditionally We sacrifices but not humanity. BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI. 1. A Cash Reward of one million dollars 2.A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice and a car 3.A VIP treatment in all Airports in the World 4.A total Lifestyle change 5.Monthly payment of $ 100,000.00 USD into your bank account every month as a member If you are interested in joining the great Illuminati brotherhood of riches and fame contact us +27670236199 Call or wattsup for more information +27670236199  Email: chiefelives@gmail.com
    • chiefelives
      Call da priest Elives@+27 715451704’I WANT TO JOIN ILLUMINATI SOCIETY in South Africa now!FOR MONEY,FAME,WEALTH AND POWER 100%, in Tembisa Thohoyandou Umlazi Uplazi Vereeniging, Germiston, Boksburg, Durbun, United Kingdom Welcome Bellville Cape Town Durban George Ibhayi Kempton Park Polokwane Port Elizabeth Potchefstroom Randburg Roodepoort Rustenburg Sebokeng Soshanguve Springbok Stellenbosch  Khayelitsha Kimberley Klerksdorp Mitchell’s ,Plain Mthatha Nelspruit Newcastle Pietermaritzburg Pinetown Eastern Cape Free State Gauteng KwaZulu-Natal Limpopo Mpumalanga USA, Sudan North West Northern Cape Western Cape – Natal Limpopo Mpumalanga North West Northern Cape Western Cape I want to join Illuminati Uganda, Kampala, how to join Illuminati in Australia, Equatorial Guinea, Tunisia,Join Illuminati in Luxembourg, Macau,Singapore, join Illuminati in Gabon +27715451704, Join Illuminati in Brunei, Norway, Libya, Join Illuminati in Kuwait, San Marino ,Trinidad and Tobago +27715451704, join Illuminati in Seychelles, Vincent and the Grenadines, Netherlands, Illuminati in Iceland,Durban, Illuminati in Dubai, Illuminati in Mauritius, join Illuminati Lesotho, Illuminati Members in Lesotho , Illuminati in UAE,Dubai, Antigua and Barbuda +27715451704 Join Illuminati in South Sudan, Gabon, Chad, Join Illuminati in Liberia, Guinea, Illuminati in Libya, Andorra , Join Illuminati in Sprain, France, Paris, Join Illuminati in Kosovo,Illuminati in Italy,Germany +27715451704 Illuminati in Oman +27715451704 , Illuminati in Botswana , Illuminati in Sandton, Illuminati in Tembisa, Germiston,Join Illuminati in Sweden,Finland,Join Illuminati in Norway, Poland, Illuminati in Centurion, Illuminati in Denmark +27715451704 in Sydney, Join Illuminati in Comoros, Moroni,Join Illuminati in Netherlands, Amsterdam, Join Illuminati in Switzerland, Cape Verde, Join Illuminati in Germany, Berlin, Join Illuminati in Niger, Mali, Join Illuminati in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Join Illuminati in Ukraine, Belarus, Join Illuminati in Syria, Join Illuminati in Kuwait,Baku, Osaka, Tokyo, Illuminati members in Johannesburg, Illuminati churches in Johannesburg, how to join Illuminati for money in south Africa, Illuminati celebrities in south Africa, join Illuminati in Johannesburg,Join Illuminati in Mongolia, Nepal, Illuminati churches in Johannesburg, Illuminati symbolism in south Africa, benefits of joining Illuminati in south Africa, requirements to join the Illuminati, Illuminati in sa music industry, Illuminati in sandton, Illuminati office in Johannesburg + 27715451704, Illuminati in sa music industry, Illuminati temple in Sandton, Illuminati in Tembisa, requirements to join the Illuminati, Illuminati church in Musgrave Durban, Illuminati jobs in Durban, Illuminati WhatsApp number, how to join Illuminati for money in south Africa, Illuminati temple in sandton + 27715451704, how to join Illuminati in Soweto, Illuminati in Midland, Illuminati office in Johannesburg +27715451704, Illuminati clubs, Illuminati churches in Johannesburg, list of secret societies in south Africa + 27715451704, join Illuminati in Midland,African secret society Hugh masekela, Illuminati temple in cape town, Illuminati in Centurion, Illuminati in Vanderbilt park, Illuminati church in cape town, i want to join illuminati in cape town, illuminati in south africa churches, join illuminati society in cape town, illuminati signs in cape town, south African Illuminati rappers, Illuminati in Belleville, Illuminati in Singapore, Illuminati in Saudi Arabia, Illuminati in Qatar, Doha how to join the Illuminati + 27715451704, how to join Illuminati online, how to join the Illuminati for money, how to join the Illuminati and become rich, benefits of joining the Illuminati, I want to join Illuminati what can I do, how to join the Illuminati for fame, what is bad about Illuminati +27715451704, I want to join Illuminati and become rich,I want to join the Illuminati where I sign up + 27715451704, Illuminati sign up form, how to join the Illuminati for money + 27715451704, I want to join Illuminati right now +27715451704, I want to join Illuminati and be rich forever, I want to join Illuminati what can I do, Illuminati sign up form, I want to join Illuminati and become rich, illuminating to join, how much does it cost to join Illuminati, how to join the Illuminati for money, what happens when you join the Illuminati, I want to join Illuminati right now + 27715451704, I want to join Illuminati what can I do, join illuminati real, how to join the illuminati music industry, how to join illuminati for wealth, how can i join illuminati society, how can i join illuminati society +27715451704, join illuminati secret societies, how to join illuminati for wealth and fame +27715451704,join the Illuminati new world order, Illuminati how to join, who can join the Illuminati, who can join Illuminati, join Illuminati, Illuminati join us, why join the Illuminati, why join Illuminati, how to join the Illuminati, how do you join the Illuminati. +27715451704 BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI. 1. A Cash Reward of one million dollars 2.A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice and a car 3.A VIP treatment in all Airports in the World 4.A total Lifestyle change 5.Monthly payment of $ 100,000.00 USD into your bank account every month as a member If you are interested in joining the great Illuminati brotherhood of riches and fame contact us call or watsupp Agent elives on +27715451704 Email: illuminatielives@gmail.com
    • chiefelives
      @ {{+27788523569}} 4 JOINING OF 666 ILLUMINATI SOCIETY IN UGANDA?''FOR MONEY,POWER, WEALTH AND  FAME  100%, in Tembisa Thohoyandou Umlazi Uplazi Vereeniging, Germiston, Boksburg, Durbun, United Kingdom Welcome Bellville Cape Town Durban George Ibhayi Kempton Park Polokwane Port Elizabeth Potchefstroom Randburg Roodepoort Rustenburg Sebokeng Soshanguve Springbok Stellenbosch  Khayelitsha Kimberley,Klerksdorp Mitchell's Plain Mthatha Nelspruit Newcastle Pietermaritzburg Pinetown Eastern Cape Free State Gauteng KwaZulu-Natal Limpopo Mpumalanga USA, Sudan North West Northern Cape Western Cape - Natal Limpopo Mpumalanga North West Northern Cape Western Cape I want to join Illuminati Ugand=, Kampala, how to join Illuminati in Australia, Equatorial Guinea, Tunisia, Join Illuminati in Luxembourg, Macau,Singapore, join Illuminati in Gabon +27788523569, Join Illuminati in Brunei, Norway, Libya, Join Illuminati in Kuwait, San Marino ,Trinidad and Tobago+27788523569 , join Illuminati in Seychelles, Vincent and the Grenadines, Netherlands, Illuminati in Iceland,Durban, Illuminati in Dubai, Illuminati in Mauritius, join Illuminati Lesotho, Illuminati Members in Lesotho , Illuminati in UAE,Dubai, Antigua and Barbuda+27788523569  Join Illuminati in South Sudan, Gabon, Chad, Join Illuminati in Liberia, Guinea, Illuminati in Libya, Andorra , Join Illuminati in Sprain, France, Paris, Join Illuminati in Kosovo,Illuminati in Italy,Germany +27788523569 Illuminati in Oman +27788523569, Illuminati in Botswana , Illuminati in Sandton, Illuminati in Tembisa, Germiston,Join Illuminati in Sweden,Finland,Join Illuminati in Norway, Poland, Illuminati in Centurion, Illuminati in Denmark +27788523569, in Sydney, Join Illuminati in Comoros, Moroni,Join Illuminati in Netherlands, Amsterdam, Join Illuminati in Switzerland, Cape Verde, Join Illuminati in Germany, Berlin, Join Illuminati in Niger, Mali, Join Illuminati in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Join Illuminati in Ukraine, Belarus, Join Illuminati in Syria, Join Illuminati in Kuwait,Baku, Osaka, Tokyo, Illuminati members in Johannesburg+27788523569, Illuminati churches in Johannesburg, how to join Illuminati for money in south Africa, Illuminati celebrities in south Africa, join Illuminati in Johannesburg,Join Illuminati in Mongolia, Nepal, Illuminati churches in Johannesburg, Illuminati symbolism in south Africa, benefits of joining Illuminati in south Africa, requirements to join the Illuminati, Illuminati in sa music industry, Illuminati in sandton, Illuminati office in Johannesburg+27788523569, Illuminati in sa music industry, Illuminati temple in Sandton, Illuminati in Tembisa, requirements to join the Illuminati, Illuminati church in Musgrave Durban, Illuminati jobs in Durban, Illuminati WhatsApp number, how to join Illuminati for money in south Africa, Illuminati temple in sandton+27788523569 , how to join Illuminati in Soweto, Illuminati in Midland, Illuminati office in Johannesburg+27788523569 , Illuminati clubs, Illuminati churches in Johannesburg, list of secret societies in south Africa+27788523569 , join Illuminati in Midland,African secret society Hugh masekela, Illuminati temple in cape town, Illuminati in Centurion, Illuminati in Vanderbilt park, Illuminati church in cape town, i want to join illuminati in cape town, illuminati in south africa churches, join illuminati society in cape town, illuminati signs in cape town, south African Illuminati rappers, Illuminati in Belleville, Illuminati in Singapore, Illuminati in Saudi Arabia, Illuminati in Qatar, Doha how to join the Illuminati +27788523569, how to join Illuminati online, how to join the Illuminati for money, how to join the Illuminati and become rich, benefits of joining the Illuminati, I want to join Illuminati what can I do, how to join the Illuminati for fame, what is bad about Illuminati+27788523569 , I want to join Illuminati and become rich,I want to join the Illuminati where I sign up+27788523569 , Illuminati sign up form, how to join the Illuminati for money+27788523569, I want to join Illuminati right now+27788523569 , I want to join Illuminati and be rich forever, I want to join Illuminati what can I do, Illuminati sign up form, I want to join Illuminati and become rich, illuminating to join, how much does it cost to join Illuminati, how to join the Illuminati for money, what happens when you join the Illuminati, I want to join Illuminati right now +27788523569, I want to join Illuminati what can I do, join illuminati real, how to join the illuminati music industry, how to join illuminati for wealth, how can i join illuminati society, how can i join illuminati society+27788523569 , join illuminati secret societies, how to join illuminati for wealth and fame+27788523569 ,join the Illuminati new world order, Illuminati how to join, who can join the Illuminati, who can join Illuminati, join Illuminati, Illuminati join us, why join the Illuminati, why join Illuminati, how to join the Illuminati, how do you join the Illuminati+27788523569 BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI. 1. A Cash Reward of one million dollars 2.A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice and a car 3.A VIP treatment in all Airports in the World 4.A total Lifestyle change 5.Monthly payment of $ 100,000.00 USD into your bank account every month as a member If you are interested in joining the great Illuminati brotherhood of riches and fame contact us call or watsupp Agent elives on +27788523569 Email: illuminatielives@gmail.com
    • MICHEAL WATSON
      HEALTHY LIFE,FREE MIND SET ( +1(415) 484-6196 ) Are you depressed, suffering from cancer, glaucoma,  headache, insomnia, joint pains, multiply sclerosis, muscle crams, nausea, etc and need the best strains of medical buds, carts, wax, shatter ,hash, vape pen and edibles to help ease your pain??  We provide top quality of these products at very affordable prices. Your satisfaction and healthiness is our top priority. Info@ WhatsApp https://wa.me/14154846196/ Tell/Message:+1(415) 484-6196 or.email: watsonmuld@gmail.com Website: https://420budmall.com/
    • MICHEAL WATSON
      Are you depressed, suffering from cancer, glaucoma,  headache, insomnia, joint pains, multiply sclerosis, muscle crams, nausea, etc and need the best strains of medical buds, carts, wax, shatter ,hash, vape pen and edibles to help ease your pain??  We provide top quality of these products at very affortable prices. Your satisfaction and healthiness is our top priority. Info@ WhatsApp/Tell/Message:+1(415) 484-6196 or.email: watsonmuld@gmail.com  
    • Valarie Sakota
      North Portland “Industrial Row” Artist Studio / Maker Space for Rent   3000 sq/ft finished warehouse co-working space with 160 sq/ft private studio space for rent. Tons of natural light. Spacious and perfect for social distancing independent work. Has garage door for large shipments and dedicated free parking. Two private studio spaces available for rent. Checkout more about the space: www.tillamookstation.com Rental includes 24/7 access*, shared kitchen, shared conference room, shared storage space, shower, designated retail zone, utilities, and option to use larger space for events.    This is an inclusive space–BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ are encouraged to inquire. Looking for studio mates that are respectful, communal, and friendly.    $1000/month  Available July 1. Lease terms negotiable.  Touring the space this week - Please contact valarie@barbarishop.com with inquiries!   *24/7 access must accommodate occasional private events in the space, which will be noted on a shared calendar.    This space is also available for private event rentals with sliding scale rates for BIPOC, pending COVID-19 phased opening schedule.  Inquire with email above.   
    • Jon99
      I totally agree with you
    • Jon99
    • Jon99
      Hello, friends. For a very long time I tried to cook with the use of cannabis, but nothing worked for me. I also prefer to have cannabis drinks.. I found a great place where I can reserach trusted manufacturers of cannabis beverages. It is very convenient to use. If you are interested, visit highlii.com .
    • Alex55
      Select Oil makes a CBD Tincture that is 999mg CBD and we carry it at Nectar for $60. There’s also multiple flavors. It’s the best for the price right now and it isn’t awful tasting which is a nice perk. 
  • Topics