NOW IS THE TIME. NOW IS THE HOUR. WE ARE THE CHANGE. WE ARE THE POWER.
WOMEN AND ALLIES! Radical change is happening in the USA and beyond – this is a REVOLUTION! Each and every individual in the world right now has power to make change for good. The war on drugs was founded on racism and the oppression of the BIPOC community was happening long before cannabis was illegal. We must awaken our brothers and sisters who are still in the dark, we must uplift our most vulnerable communities and we must make systemic changes that will pave a different storyline for generations to come.
We are committed to using our platform and privileges to fight for the freedom, liberation and justice for the BIPOC community everywhere. We are committed to learning, listening and evolving. We stand in solidarity with those protesting against police violence and racism. We stand in solidarity with those fighting for real justice in the murder of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, Philando Castile and the countless others that came before them. It is in their memories that we move forward in action.
BLACK LIVES MATTER.
Until this broken, patriarchal system of oppression and white supremacy comes burning down, we must continue to apply pressure and take action EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Protest and Activism come in many forms. All are valuable. All are needed. This is a marathon and, in order to make sustained change, protest must continue. We ask the Tokeativity Community to take action in one, some or all of these ways every day:
- Support the BIPOC community with your dollars. Donate money. Buy goods. Promote. Invest. Get take out. Find out who owns the places you are buying from.
- Donate money towards bail outs or contribute resources to those impacted by the protests and demonstrations.
- Stay engaged and vote for progressive political candidates who align with BLM.
- Contact your local representatives and ask what their stance is on BLM, the protests, the war on drugs, allocation of cannabis tax dollars (if you have a legal market) and policy brutality. Apply pressure, tell them how you feel – THEY WORK FOR US.
- Educate yourself. Get uncomfortable. Push your boundaries of what you think you know.
- Create. Make art, music, movement – any form of art to inspire, connect and heal
- Get on with your witchy/wizardy self and practice using your magic for good! Put strong, healing energy into the world. Ask for protection, say prayers, meditate on healing and peace during this transition.
- Talk to your friends and family about what is happening. You have so much power to make change with just a conversation.
- Share the love via social media, email, text and in conversations – silence equals violence!
- Reach out to the BIPOC friends in your life and offer love and support. This is a very difficult time for them. Let them know you are there for them.
Tokeativity, as a feminist community dedicated to active cannabis culture, acknowledges that Intersectionality and Activism MUST be at our core, now more than ever. We are committed to amplifying the voices and following Black leaders and Black led organizations here in the United States and across the Globe as we continue to take a collective stand against racism and injustice everywhere.
Until all cannabis-crime prisoners are free, we have work to do! A portion of all proceeds from Tokeativity grassroots & business memberships will be going directly to National Bail Out, a Black-led and Black-centered collective of abolitionist organizers, lawyers and activists building a community-based movement to support our folks and end systems of pretrial detention and ultimately mass incarceration. You can learn more at nationalbailout.org
As a white, queer, woman owned company, we recognize that it is our duty to our global community of sisters and brothers around the world to be a voice for justice. Tokeativity will continue to donate money, advocate for political and systemic change, create brave spaces for women and allies to come together to challenge the patriarchy and do every single thing we can to support this revolution. Protest comes in many forms and the Tokeativi-team promises to be ALLIES IN ACTION.
June marks the start of PRIDE, a beautiful time dedicated to celebrating our LGBTQ community. This tradition was first started by a Black Transgendered Woman named Marsha P. Johnson, as she led the Stonewall Riots. The Black community has led these acts of bravery against the police for decades, and now it is our responsibility to listen, be supportive and committed to this movement. All lives do not matter until black lives do.
We are sending you, each and every one of you powerful change makers so much love and hope you all stay safe as we work on making radical change happen together. We love you.
Together we rise,
Lisa, Sam, Casey, Wendy, Amy, Lauren, & Kia